The Internet of Things is coming. However, without “things” it’s not going to happen. And developing software for even the simplest devices continues to be:
- Comparably complex, slow and therefore costly
- Lacking in agile and iterative development models
- Prohibitive because of high entry barriers to device development, even for professional
- Too expensive due to the required development environment
The Rapid Tooling Framework for IoT ioRaptor addresses these problems by providing an open source, modern development toolchain for use with IoT devices. It covers the following aspects:
- Code management and versioning
- Automated unit and end-2-end tests
- Embedded library management (support for more than 20 chip architectures and 400 boards)
- Continuous integration
- Automated software generation
- Agile process management
We are looking for development partners interested in participating at ioRaptor
The project is primarily managed by ThingForward. A public beta release is planned for March 2018. The closed beta phase with selected partners will follow from January – February 2018.
Two participant models are possible:
You support the development of the framework by taking over the leadership of work packages. This could be in connection with core functions or through the development of additional modules aligned with your business. The scope of your commitment is dependent on the nature of your contribution and is up to you as a contributor to define.
You make yourself available to offer feedback on the project. This entails consulting on challenges and ensuring quality results. Participants profit from access to the latest know-how and can directly influence the development process.